About Me

My photo
Well, when I was a little girl I would spend hours flipping through the pages of a huge catalogue called "Quelle" that my father had brought from Germany. It had glossy pages full of beautiful pictures of lovely rooms, furniture and furnishing and was written in a language I could not decipher. But I think the pictures left an ever lasting impression on my mind and I grew up to be 'me' who drools not over food (or that too!) but good interior design, colors and photography. I also passionately love coffee, films, books, music, white gladioli, solitude, risotto, donuts, and my life (not exactly always in that order). I live in Bombay, India with my husband and little daughter and they both have changed my life in many beautiful ways.

Friday 19 July 2013

Out of the Closet

Do you fancy a walk-in closet? Or better, a beautiful large dressing room? Well, if you are a woman with an undying fetish for clothes, bags, shoes and accessories, then you most likely run out of closet space every now and then and the only thing that can save you, is an open dressing area. I personally don't like keeping my clothes in a closed wardrobe. One because I need to have my clothes & accessories right in my sight, otherwise I forget that I own them, and two because I absolutely  love walk-in closets and dream to have one sooner than possible! 

Well, a walk-in closet is definitely a luxury if you live in a city like Bombay, and dressing rooms, do they even exist anymore? May be only in old houses and large sprawling apartments. But if you stay alone even in a tiny apartment & you want to bring in a little boho touch in your abode, then you can create an open dressing area right in a corner of your bedroom. Your bulky wardrobe can be replaced by a sleek IKEA clothes rack. You'll save money & space both. Hang your bright colorful dresses, scarves on the clothes rack..place a full length mirror next to it (hang a chandelier, if you can afford one).  Invest in a vintage dresser to keep  all your make-up, perfumes and jewelry in sight. Its drawers can neatly store your woolens too. Your  pretty stilettos, wedges, sneakers can be kept lined up on the floor to add a bit of a feminine touch. Hang your bags from the pretty and sturdy hooks. And if you have a few hats, just hang them on the wall too. 

Now see if your room looks anything like the ones below or even better!
  
source Huh, I wish I had so few clothes!
The colorful clothes rack looks so pretty against the large window!
Well, the owner definitely loves shoes and vintage bags  
Hmm, nordic minimalism!
I simply love this picture. Look at the mirror, it's a beauty!
This is exactly what I was telling you about
Lovely, isn't it?
Sources:  123456


No comments:

Post a Comment